DALLAS (AP/CBSDFW.COM) – Balch Springs police say a 38-year-old man was on a drug binge when he fatally slashed his girlfriend.
Josh Thurber was charged by Balch Springs police with murder in the death of 65-year-old Linda Kaye Jordan.
The victim’s body was found at the home she shared with Thurber. He told police he moved in five months ago. Jordan had lived in the home for much longer.
Police said Wednesday that Thurber and a friend did methamphetamine Friday and Saturday at the home, according to an arrest warrant. When the friend returned Sunday, he saw a naked Thurber run out of the house “acting crazy.”
Later, Thurber told another man who went to check on him that he tortured Jordan and “chopped her up,” according to the warrant. Thurber took that man to the bathroom to show off Jordan’s body, which was lying in the bathtub.
Thurber is being held without bond at the Dallas County jail. Online records did not indicate an attorney for him.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- British Prime Minister Theresa May To Visit Trump Friday
- Many Arrested Inauguration Day Protesters Will Face Felony Rioting Charges, Prosecutors Say
- Community Welcomes Home Wylie Football Player Who Had Stroke
- A-List Celebs Out In Force For Women’s Marches
- Thousands Of North Texans March In Support Of Women’s Rights
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures