Anderson Sparks TCU To 70-58 Win Over Tulsa
Sports Fan Insider
FORT WORTH (AP) – Kyan Anderson posted his second straight 20-point game to help TCU overcome a 10-point second-half deficit in a 70-58 victory over visiting Tulsa Saturday.
Tulsa (4-8) managed just 22 points after intermission against TCU’s pesky zone defense, and made just three baskets over the final eight minutes.
TCU (8-3) took the lead for good courtesy of a 20-4 run over an eight-minute span. It started with an Anderson bucket at the 16:20 mark and turned a 43-33 deficit into a 53-47 advantage.
It was the second nonconference win of the season for TCU over Tulsa, which picked up a 72-65 victory on Nov. 29 at the Great Alaska Shootout. That had snapped a five-game losing streak to the Golden Hurricanes.
TCU committed just 10 turnovers while forcing 17 Tulsa miscues. Tulsa connected on just 5 of 26 shots from beyond the arc, making just one in the second half.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures