GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) — The early morning weather minimized crowds at area retail locations on Saturday. But as the weather improved, last minute shoppers flooded stores hoping to knock out those Christmas lists.
A number of local stores are extending their hours this weekend, giving shoppers one last opportunity before Christmas arrives on Wednesday.
The Grand Prairie Premium Outlets, Irving Mall, and the Allen Premium Outlets are among the shopping centers staying open until midnight in December.
The extended hours were necessary to keep up with customer demand, which has been impacted by a late Thanksgiving and ice storm that struck North Texas one week later.
“The weather held me back a bit,” said shopper LaCourtney Washington. “The last minute shopping — I mean I’m always last minute.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures