RICHARDSON (AP) — Country music legend Ray Price has been memorialized in North Texas following his death.
Hundreds of his fans and friends gathered Saturday in the Dallas suburb of Richardson for a public memorial service.
Price died Dec. 16 at his home in Mt. Pleasant, Texas, after battling pancreatic cancer. He was 87.
The Country Music Hall of Famer inspired and worked with the genre’s biggest stars and had more than 100 hits himself.
Fort Worth DJ Bill Mack told attendees that Price had finished a record just before his death — and that he had never sounded better.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dez Bryant Apologizes For Walking Off Field
- Cowboys Fan Attacked After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Blind Woman Injured After Falling Into Manhole
- Baby Found Covered In Cockroaches, Crossing Street
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures