Former First Lady Barbara Bush Hospitalized In Houston
HOUSTON, Texas (AP) – Former first lady Barbara Bush remains hospitalized in Texas with a respiratory-related issue.
Bush was admitted to Houston Methodist Hospital on Monday, but it wasn’t announced until Tuesday night.
Jim McGrath, a spokesman for her husband, President George H.W. Bush, said her condition didn’t change overnight and there was “nothing new to report” on Wednesday.
The former president’s office previously released a statement saying Mrs. Bush “is in great spirits, has already received visits from her husband and family, and is receiving fantastic care.”
The 88-year-old former first lady had heart surgery in 2009, and was also hospitalized in 2008 and 2010.
She and her husband live in Houston and still make public appearances. Last week, they honored a Houston businessman and philanthropist with a Points of Light Award.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Tony Romo’s Injury Might Cost Dallas Cowboys Coaching Staff Their Jobs
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures