Watauga Police Shoot Knife-Wielding Attacker
Get Breaking News First
WATAUGA (CBSDFW.COM) – Two women were assaulted with a knife and their attacker shot by police on Friday afternoon in Watauga.
Police responded to the assault call in the 6400 block of Patsy Lane around 1:15 p.m.
“Upon arrival, they observed a stabbing in progress and it turned into an officer involved shooting,” said Watauga police Sgt. Jason Babcock.
An officer opened fire on the attacker, striking the suspect.
The suspect, along with the two stabbing victims, were transported by ambulance to local hospitals.
That attacker is said to be in critical condition.
Texas Rangers are on scene to assist in the investigation. The officer involved in the shooting has been placed on administrative leave, as per protocol.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures