HURST (CBSDFW.COM) – It was an early and frightening morning for some apartment residents in southwest Hurst. A two-alarm fire tore through one building at the Hamilton Villas on North Booth Calloway Road, north of Highway 10.
Firefighters got the call just before 6:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. Flames were shooting through the roof of one unit of the complex.
The call went out to surrounding cities for additional help. Firefighters from Richland Hills, North Richland Hills, Euless and Bedford responded.
One neighbor shot cell phone video of the blaze. The video showed a person, believed to be a police officer, running up the stairs of the burning apartment to make sure that everyone got out safely. There were no reports of injuries.
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures