Davis To Unveil Texas Education Proposals
ARLINGTON (AP) – State Sen. Wendy Davis will appear in North Texas to discuss education proposals for her campaign for governor.
The Fort Worth Democrat is the front-runner for the Democratic nomination to replace Gov. Rick Perry. She’ll appear Thursday at the University of Texas at Arlington to talk to teachers and school administrators at a roundtable.
Davis and Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, the Republican frontrunner, have attacked each other over their dueling visions for what to do with Texas’ schools.
But Davis has not yet unveiled her own specific proposals.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures