AMES, Iowa (AP) – Hallie Christofferson scored 22 points and No. 11 Iowa State won its third straight Big 12 Conference game with a 74-48 victory over Texas Tech Wednesday night.
Christofferson shot 7 of 10 from the floor and 6 of 6 from the free-throw line. Brynn Williamson added 11 points and Seanna Johnson scored 10 as Iowa State extended its school record for best start to a season and longest winning streak in program history. The Cyclones (14-0, 3-0) only missed one of their 17 free throws.
Texas Tech (6-8, 0-3) was held to just 16 first-half points. The Raiders scored twice as many points after the break (32), but could not overcome the 21-point first half deficit.
Marina Lizarazu led Texas Tech with 10 points and was the only Lady Raider to score in double digits. Texas Tech combined for just six assists and shot 1 of 10 from 3-point range.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures