Mavs Come Back To Beat Pelicans 110-107
DALLAS (AP) - Dirk Nowitzki scored a season-high 40 points, and the Dallas Mavericks recovered from a cold start to beat New Orleans 110-107 on Saturday night for their second win in as many days against the Pelicans.
Nowitzki scored 20 points in the third quarter and hit seven straight shots after starting just 2 of 9 from the field.
Monta Ellis broke a 99-all tie with two free throws, and Nowitzki hit three more after getting fouled on a 3-pointer by Jason Smith.
Anthony Davis had 28 points and 14 rebounds for the Pelicans, who lost their fifth straight and dropped six games below .500, both season highs.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures