Space Lifts Texas A&M Past Tennessee 57-56
Sports Fan Insider
KNOXVILLE (AP) – Antwan Space hit a 3-pointer with 4.4 seconds left to lift Texas A&M to a 57-56 victory over Tennessee in Knoxville Saturday night.
The Aggies (11-4, 2-0 Southeastern Conference) trailed by as much as 14 points in the first half, and never led in the second half until the final basket.
Texas A&M didn’t make a field goal the last 9:34 of the first half and Tennessee led 32-18 at halftime.
Jamal Jones led the Texas A&M rally, scoring 20 of his 23 points in the second half and finishing the game 5 of 10 from 3-point range. Alex Caruso had 12 points for the Aggies.
Antonio Barton led Tennessee (10-5, 1-1) with 12 points. Josh Richardson scored 11. Jordan McRae, the Southeastern Conference’s third-leading scorer entering the game, tied his season-low of nine points. Jarnell Stokes finished with just six points for Tennessee, all in the first half.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UPS Calls In 2,600 Extra Workers After Holiday Delivery Delays
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- Deceased Teen Suspect Identified
- Victim Identified In Fatal Fort Worth Office Stabbing
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures