Davis Endorses Alameel In Senate Primary
AUSTIN (AP) - Fort Worth Sen. Wendy Davis has endorsed David Alameel in the Democratic primary race for the U.S. Senate.
Davis said Monday the Dallas dentist shares her commitment to creating jobs and improving public education.
Alameel is one of five candidates seeking the Democratic nomination on March 4. Incumbent Republican Sen. John Cornyn faces six challengers in the Republican primary.
Davis is running for Governor and her endorsement will likely make Alameel the front-runner in the Democratic primary. Last year, Alameel ran for a new congressional seat in the Metroplex, losing to Democratic U.S. Rep. Marc Veasey.
The U.S. Army veteran thanked Davis for her support and promised that if elected he will fight to protect Medicare and Social Security.
No Democrat has won a statewide election since 1994.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures