Police Nab Carrollton Bank Robbery Suspect
CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Authorities in Carrollton were able to apprehend a bank robbery suspect on Saturday morning without having to travel far from the police station. The incident took place just before 10:00 a.m. at a Chase Bank located in the 1800 block of East Jackson Road.
Police received a call about the robbery, but arrived at the scene to find that the suspect had already fled. However, just a few minutes later, officers spotted a suspicious man walking in the 2000 block of nearby Jamestown Lane. Both the Chase Bank which was robbed and the location where the man was found are located right behind the Carrollton Police Department’s headquarters.
Officers began talking to the suspicious man, but he started to run away. That individual, identified as 49-year-old David Wallace, was caught and arrested. He was carrying the bank’s property which had been stolen, but he changed clothes at some point after the crime occurred.
Wallace has been charged with robbery, failure to identify and evading arrest.
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures