DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – On the second day of Josh Brent’s intoxication manslaughter trial, prosecutors presented several witnesses who testified to the evidence collected the night of the crash.
Dallas Cowboys Barry Church and Danny McCray appeared at the courthouse briefly; they are expected to testify but were dismissed and will likely return another day.
Assistant District Attorney Heath Harris showed the jury receipts from the night of December 8, 2012.
The receipts show $747 charged at Eddie V’s restaurant and another $675 at Club Privae to Brent’s credit card, for three $290 bottles of Moët champagne.
Irving police officer Travis Huckaby spent five hours on the stand. Huckaby is the officer who performed a field sobriety test on Brent, and arrested him.
Huckaby told the jury he saw 17 of 18 signs that indicate intoxication in Brent, and that Brent did not want his blood to be drawn at the hospital.
Huckaby also testified to telling Brent that his friend, Jerry Brown, was killed in the wreck, and recalled seeing Brent’s eyes tear up at the news.
Three paramedic/firefighters from Irving as well as the nurse who drew Brent’s blood at Baylor medical center also testified.
George Milner, Brent’s defense attorney, spent his cross examination trying to punch holes in Huckaby’s assessment of Brent at the scene of the crash, and the accuracy of the field sobriety test.
Before testimony got underway, Judge Robert Burns issued a gag order preventing attorneys from spreading with the media.
The prosecution will resume Wednesday morning.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Oak Cliff Library Checks Out More Than Books
- North Texas Woman Gets $55,000 Hotel Bill For ‘Unspecified Damages’
- Promising Wonder Pill Adds Years To Dog’s Life
- Rangers To Retire Uniform Number Of Ivan ‘Pudge’ Rodriguez
- President Trump Signs First Executive Order Regarding Obamacare
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures