PARKER COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – Parker County authorities say a toddler used a cell phone to dial for help, after her mother passed out from using a combination of illegal drugs and synthetic marijuana.
The four year old called a family member and said, “momma was sleeping and they were on the side of the road.” The family member found Alicia Pruitt, 24, passed out in her truck, with the engine running and in gear. Pruitt’s foot was on the brake pedal. The family member could not wake Pruitt and called police.
Pruitt was treated at the scene and later arrested. She has been charged with public intoxication, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance. Police say she had taken illegally obtained prescription narcotics and “K-2,”also known as synthetic marijuana.
Pruitt told officers she could not remember driving to the side of the road or passing out. Her daughter has been placed with relatives while the investigation continues.
“This small child was incredibly intelligent and brave,” said Sheriff Larry Fowler. “At only 4 years-of-age, she knew to dial for help, taking a responsibility initiative beyond her tender years. K-2 is detrimental, period. To take narcotics not prescribed to you is dangerous. To mix them is senseless beyond comprehension. There is no telling what could have happened to this child, had she not been able to call for help.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Iowa State Heads To Texas Tech After Consecutive Big 12 Wins
- McKinney Man Sentenced To Life For Sexual Abuse Of A Child
- West Virginia Looking To Beat Baylor In Waco For First Time
- Talented Underclassman Running Backs Fuel Big 12 Attacks
- BP Chairman Who Presided Over Gulf Spill Announces Retirement
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures