DALLAS (AP) – Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists, and the Dallas Stars snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night.
Jamie Benn scored a rare power-play goal for the Stars, who had not won since New Year’s Eve. They entered 29th in the NHL with the man advantage.
Benn also assisted on the first goal of the game by Erik Cole, just 14 seconds in. Cody Eakin added a goal and an assist to help Dallas build a 4-1 lead 1:10 into the second period.
The final Stars goal came on Trevor Daley’s shot into an empty net in the final minute.
Justin Schultz and Sam Gagner scored for Edmonton, with Taylor Hall assisting on both goals.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Dez Bryant: I Promise You I’m Going To Shut A Lot Of People Up
- Dallas Cowboys To Receive 4 Compensatory Picks In 2018 Draft
- Keidel: Who Does Deontay Wilder Need To Fight?
- College Basketball Games of the Week: Kansas, Texas Tech Clash At Top Of Big 12
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: All Basketball, All The Time