FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews battled a house fire early Wednesday morning in Fort Worth. The blaze was first reported at about 12:30 a.m. in the 5300 block of Weddington Court, near Hastings Drive.
Flames were shooting through the roof of the home when firefighters arrived on the scene. The fire was so intense that workers had to exit the building and fight the blaze defensively. The home was destroyed during the incident. Fire officials said that flames consumed the attic and forced the roof to collapse.
The blaze was under control within about 30 minutes.
The homeowner was able to escape the fire safely, and no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
- Some Keller ISD School Bus Drivers Say Vehicles Aren’t Safe
- Added Security At North Texas Concert After Manchester Attack
- Dallas Residents Pack Town Hall To Talk About $800M Bond
- Horschel’s Wife Opens Up On Battle With Alcoholism
- Trailer Stolen From Keller Dance Studio
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures