Retirement Village Fire Near Lake Benbrook
CROWLEY (CBSDFW.COM) – Firefighters battled a three-alarm blaze at St. Francis Village retirement community, located along Lake Benbrook, on Wednesday morning. The incident was first reported at around 8:00 a.m. at a home in the 100 block of Saint Clare Drive. This is in an unincorporated part of Tarrant County, near Crowley.
Fire officials at the scene said that the blaze started in or around a carport that connects two living units. The fire then spread to those units, causing a significant amount of damage to the entire structure.
Kim Lamoureux’s 94-year-old mother and 93-year-old stepfather reside in half of the duplex which burned. “He heard a loud popping noise outside the front door,” she said. “The front door opens to the carport. He opened the door and there was just a wall of fire.”
The couple had just moments to escape. “He quickly grabbed my mom and they got out the backdoor,” Lamoureux added. “We’re just praising and thanking God that they’re safe.”
In fact, there were no injuries reported during the incident. Tarrant County Deputy Fire Marshal Mike Rehfeld said that all four of the occupants inside of the structure managed to get out safely. But their homes are now destroyed.
The cause of the fire is now under investigation. “He had no idea what the popping noise was, maybe an electrical panel,” Lamoureux said. Officials said that the entire duplex is electric. Rehfeld did spot a gas grill outside, however.
- Fort Worth Police Searching For Car Jacking Suspect
- Plano’s Vision Of The Future Now The Subject Of Controversy
- Judge Halts Worker’s Comp Claim For Dallas Ebola Nurse Nina Pham
- Blue Bell Voluntarily Recalls All Of Its Products Due To Possible Health Risk
- Driver Rescued From Burning Car By Police Had Just Seconds To Live
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures