SAN ANTONIO (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A police affidavit says a woman told police investigators in Texas that she wrapped a ligature around her infant son’s neck, saw him cry and watched him die.
According to the arrest affidavit, Nidia Yolibeth Alvarado told investigators that she then placed her newborn son’s body in a duffel bag and dumped his body at a San Antonio recycling plant.
Alvarado has been charged with capital murder after her Tuesday night arrest. She was in the Bexar County Jail on Wednesday night with bond set at $2 million. A jail booking clerk said no attorney was listed in her jail record.
A medical examiner says the newborn was found December 23 in a duffel bag discovered by a recycling plant worker.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Police Investigating Deadly Shooting In Dallas Neighborhood
- Victory For ‘Dunkirk’ And ‘Girls Trip’ At The Box Office
- Jordan’s Wild Journey: Spieth Wins British Open
- 10 Die In Immigrant-Smuggling Attempt In Sweltering Truck
- Heat Keeping First Responders In North Texas Busy
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures