BURLESON (CBSDFW.COM) – The Burleson Independent School District posted a notice on its website Thursday morning about an elementary school student who was approached Tuesday by an unidentified man.
The district said that the Burleson Police Department contacted them late Wednesday after a third-grader from Bransom Elementary School was confronted by a man while walking home.
The student’s mother told police that she was following her daughter in her vehicle when the man approached near the intersection of Springhill Drive and Parkridge Boulevard. According to the district’s notice, the man was driving a silver or gray two-door hatchback, but the make and model of the vehicle are not known.
The district said that the man asked the girl if she had lost a puppy. After the child said no, he continued to ask questions about a dog. The man drove away when he saw the mother walking toward them.
The mother described the man as a bald white male in his late 30s or early 40s, and the student said that he spoke with an accent. He stayed inside of his vehicle during the entire incident. Anyone with information about this man is urged to contact the Burleson Police Department at 817-426-9910.
The school district asked parents to review safety tips with their children.
— Stay in groups when walking to or from school.
— Never accept a ride from someone without first getting a parent’s permission.
— Do not take shortcuts. Stay along the routes selected by parents.
— Kids should not say if they are going to be home alone, and should keep house keys hidden.
— Have a plan for emergency situations.
— Have a list of safe places along any walking routes.
— Report all suspicious behavior to parents.
— Do not leave school with someone before first checking with school officials.
- SPCA of Texas Rescues Dogs From South Korean Dog Meat Farm
- Woman Attacked At Dallas Apartment Complex
- Police: Dallas Teen Forced Kidnap Victim To Take Drugs
- Wanted Dallas Rapist Turns Himself In
- Poll: Most Teens Admit To Being Addicted To Smartphones
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures