We celebrate the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with events and festivities around DFW.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?” Each year, Americans from across the country answer that question by coming together on the King Holiday to serve their neighbors and communities. Click here to find a MLK Day of Service volunteer opportunity near you. And to volunteer at the Dallas Baptist Association’s MLK ‘Take Up the Towel’ Day of Service in Dallas, click here or call 214-319-1155.
It is The Black Academy of Art and Letters’ mission to create and enhance an awareness and understanding of artistic, cultural and aesthetic differences utilizing the framework of African-American Arts and Letters; and to promote, foster, cultivate, perpetuate and preserve the Arts and Letters of African-Americans in the Fine, Literary and Performing Arts. The 31st Annual, Emmy Nominated, Black Music & the Civil Rights Movement concert will be on January 20, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. and will reflect on Dr. King’s philosophy and celebrate the struggles and triumphs of the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. Click here for more information about this compelling evening of film footage, narration, music and dance, or call 214-743-2400. TXA 21 and CBS 11 are proud sponsors.
Dallas Dinner Table is an independent nonprofit organization focused on improving race relations in the Metroplex, one dinner at a time. The Dallas Dinner Table event provides an opportunity to hear and share diverse perspectives about the impact of race on the daily lives of DFW residents. The initiative involves a series of small dinner/conversation events held in individual homes throughout Dallas on the evening of January 20, 2014. Click here for more information about Dallas Dinner Table.
- Manziel Looking For Plea Deal According To Lawyer’s Accidental Text
- Armed Robber Strikes Allen Subway
- Will Derrick Rose Save The Knicks… Can Anyone?
- Texans Talk Succession On Heels Of Britain’s EU Rejection
- Settlement Reached In Lawsuit Over Alamo Library Items
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures