Texas Tech Upends Baylor 82-72
Sports Fan Insider
LUBBOCK (AP) - Jaye Crockett had 19 points, Toddrick Gotcher added 17 and Texas Tech beat No. 12 Baylor 82-72 on Wednesday night for its first Big 12 win of the season.
Dejan Kravic and Robert Turner scored 14 apiece for the Red Raiders (9-8, 1-3), who ended a four-game slide against Baylor in Lubbock.
Texas Tech led all the way and was able to hold off a late comeback attempt by the Bears (13-3, 1-2) after they pulled to 76-66 on a 3-pointer by Taurean Prince with 2:02 left. That was the closest Baylor had been since late in the first half, but it got no closer down the stretch.
Kenny Chery scored 22 points and Prince had 13 for the Bears. They finished with only six assists, a season low for a team averaging 16.3.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stars Game Halted, Then Postponed After Player Collapses
- Natural Gas Industry Struggles To Keep Promises
- Heroin Use Reaching Epidemic Levels Across North Texas
- North Texas Police Department Posting Traffic Enforcement Locations
- Rangers GM Jon Daniels Talk Baseball Live From Surprise
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures