LUBBOCK (AP) – Jaye Crockett had 19 points, Toddrick Gotcher added 17 and Texas Tech beat No. 12 Baylor 82-72 on Wednesday night for its first Big 12 win of the season.
Dejan Kravic and Robert Turner scored 14 apiece for the Red Raiders (9-8, 1-3), who ended a four-game slide against Baylor in Lubbock.
Texas Tech led all the way and was able to hold off a late comeback attempt by the Bears (13-3, 1-2) after they pulled to 76-66 on a 3-pointer by Taurean Prince with 2:02 left. That was the closest Baylor had been since late in the first half, but it got no closer down the stretch.
Kenny Chery scored 22 points and Prince had 13 for the Bears. They finished with only six assists, a season low for a team averaging 16.3.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Company Recalls Spill-Proof Cups Due To Risk Of Mold
- Some Millennials Taking Serious Look At Trump
- Khloe Kardashian Seeks Divorce From Lamar Odom, Again
- Jury Sides With Google In Battle Over Android Software
- 8 Automakers Recall Over 12M Vehicles For Takata Air Bags
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures