DFW Police Chases Keep Authorities Busy
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Several police chases kept North Texas authorities busy early Friday morning.
The first incident started unfolding at around 2:00 a.m. when Dallas County sheriff’s deputies tried to pull over a man thought to be a suspect in several robberies. He refused to stop, and authorities eventually lost the suspect in the Red Bird area of Dallas.
But then, less than 30 minutes later, police in Cockrell Hill spotted the man and started chasing him once again. That pursuit traveled into Grand Prairie, where the suspect finally surrendered outside of his own home, located in the 2100 block of Edgewood Drive.
The suspect’s name has not been released. Nobody was injured during either one of these chases.
Shortly afterward, a group of suspects thought to be robbing a store along Buckner Terrace, led Dallas police officers on a short chase. This incident started just before 3:00 a.m. at a Walmart store not far from Interstate-30. Authorities arrived at the scene and the that group of suspects took off.
The suspect tried to abandon their car a short distance away, but several of them were taken into custody.
Again, no identities have been released. Police have not said what the suspects may have been trying to steal.
Finally, a chase involving Dallas County deputies ended in a crash along Interstate-30 in Dallas. This chase started at around 5:15 a.m. when a deputy attempted to make a traffic stop near the intersection of Interstate-35E and the Woodall Rodgers Freeway. That driver refused to stop and the chase began.
The pursuit ended along Interstate-30 when the driver crashed into the HOV zipper wall near Jim Miller Road. Officials have not said if the suspect suffered any injuries. Several lanes of the freeway were shut down while authorities cleaned up the mess.
- Authorities Place 4 Texas Disabled Men In Protective Care
- Texas Experts Say Use Care With Holiday Fireworks
- Veteran Dallas Police Officer Arrested For Sexual Assault
- DeMarco Murray To Play, Doug Free Inactive Vs Colts
- Ellis Leads Mavs Over Spurs In Rondo’s Debut
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures