McKINNEY (AP) – Police say a woman has been slain in the parking lot of a North Texas day care center in gunfire blamed on her estranged husband who then killed himself.
McKinney police say no children were hurt in the shootings late Thursday afternoon. Authorities believe the woman was picking up the couple’s children.
Officer Sabrina Boston says the woman was shot to death while in her vehicle. The man’s body was discovered a couple of miles away from the day care facility. Police say he died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Names of the couple, who were going through a divorce, and further details on their children weren’t immediately released.
McKinney is 30 miles north of Dallas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Board OKs Rebuilding 4 Houston Schools Ravaged By Harvey
- Colts Beaten Up, Banged Up In 25-13 Loss To Broncos
- Durant Leads Warriors Past Mavericks For Eighth Straight Win
- Dak Concedes That Things Changed Without Elliott
- Lecomte Returns As No. 21 Baylor Tops Texas Southern 99-68
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures