Murder-Suicide Near McKinney Daycare
Get Breaking News First
McKINNEY (AP) - Police say a woman has been slain in the parking lot of a North Texas day care center in gunfire blamed on her estranged husband who then killed himself.
McKinney police say no children were hurt in the shootings late Thursday afternoon. Authorities believe the woman was picking up the couple’s children.
Officer Sabrina Boston says the woman was shot to death while in her vehicle. The man’s body was discovered a couple of miles away from the day care facility. Police say he died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Names of the couple, who were going through a divorce, and further details on their children weren’t immediately released.
McKinney is 30 miles north of Dallas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Non-Profit Joins Fight Against Ebola Outbreak, Sends Supplies
- Hurting Dallas Cowboys Adding 2 Defensive Linemen
- Cedar Hill Officer Says Being Burned Was A Blessing
- Police Searching For Serial Flasher Seen Driving Naked
- FWISD Reports Nearly $40 Million Overpayment From State
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures