FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Fort Worth police officers successfully ended a car chase in west Fort Worth by deploying “stop sticks” Saturday night.
The chase began after FWPD responded to a call at 5:30 p.m. from the Walmart at 9500 Clifford St.
Upon arrival, Walmart loss prevention officers said the man was not allowed on the store’s property.
The man then fled the scene with officers following close behind.
The pursuit lasted 30 minutes before FWPD officers deployed “stop sticks” to disable the vehicle.
“Stop sticks” are tire-deflation devices used for high speed pursuits, according to the company’s website.
The driver was arrested for theft, evading arrest/vehicle and other outstanding warrants. Fort Worth PD has yet to release the man’s name.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures