Hannahs, Kravic Help Texas Tech Hold Off TCU 60-49
FORT WORTH (AP) – Dusty Hannahs scored 13 points, Dejan Kravic had 12 points and 10 rebounds and Texas Tech won consecutive Big 12 games for the first time in almost three years with a 60-49 victory against cold-shooting TCU on Saturday.
The Red Raiders blew a 14-point first-half lead and trailed at halftime before bouncing back to follow up their win over No. 12 Baylor, the biggest under first-year coach Tubby Smith.
Texas Tech (10-8, 2-3 Big 12) also snapped a 12-game road losing streak dating to its win at TCU last season.
Karviar Shepherd had a career-high 15 points and Amric Fields also scored 15 for TCU. The Horned Frogs (9-8, 0-5) shot 20 percent and remained the only Big 12 team without a conference win.
Trailing 24-23 at halftime, Texas Tech went back in front for good on Kravic’s layup 15 seconds into the second half.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UAPB Blast Past Texas Southern At Homecoming Game
- TCU Gets Record-Setting 82-27 Rout Of Tech
- Sam Houston With 38-21 Win Over Abilene Christian
- Williams, Tretola Pace Arkansas Past UAB 45-17
- Alcorn St. Shuts Down Prairie View, 77-48
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures