NBA Fines Cuban $100,000 For Yelling At Referees
Mavericks CentralShop for Mavericks Gear
Buy Mavericks Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
NEW YORK (AP) – The NBA has fined Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban $100,000 for confronting referees and using inappropriate language toward them.
Cuban confirmed the fine on his Twitter feed, saying he couldn’t let Commissioner David Stern leave without a proper farewell.
Cuban went onto the court and yelled at the officials after the Mavericks blew a 17-point lead in the final 5 minutes of a 129-127 loss at the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday.
He tweeted that he would donate an equal amount to charity once he reached 2 million followers, which he is about to reach.
Cuban has been fined more than $1.5 million by the league.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Interim Rangers’ Manager Won’t Be Staying
- Steelers Rally Past Stunned Texans, 30-23
- Mavs Top The Grizzlies, 108-103
- Iconic Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead At 82
- Ebola Patient Released From Atlanta Hospital
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures