We lost two character actors this week, one of them you can see on MeTV, KTXA-DT 21.2.
Russell Johnson starred in some Hollywood B movies during the 1950’s, notably “It Came From Outer Space” and “This Is Earth” but he will be most remembered as his role as Professor Roy Hinckley on the CBS hit sitcom Gilligan’s Island. The show ran from 1964-1967 with 98 episodes with season one in black and white and the rest in color. The Professor was forever trying to get the crew off that uncharted island and back to civilization but never quite was able to accomplish the mission. Johnson was in real life served in World War II in the Army Air Force and, while on a B-24 over the Philippines in the 1945, the plane was shot down in 1945. Gilligan’s Island can now be seen on MeTV weeknights from 7-8pm locally on TXA21.2.
Dave Madden starred in the ABC hit sitcom “The Partridge Family” that ran from 1970-1974 with 96 episodes. The show starred Shirley Jones and David Cassidy about a family pop music band. Madden played band manager Reuben Kincaid. He was also a semi regular on the popular CBS sitcom “Alice” starring Linda Lavin, from 1978-1985. Early in his career, after appearing on the nightclub circuit, he appeared three times on The Ed Sullivan Show with a little help from his friend Frank Sinatra.
Thanks Russ and Dave for making us laugh throughout the years. See you next time.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Court Hearing Case To Limit Gay Marriage Legalization
- President Donald Trump Pulls No Punches At Inaugural Address
- 2017 NBA All-Star Game Starting Lineups
- Bush & Wife Remain Hospitalized In Houston
- Trump Signs Measure Granting Mattis Waiver To Serve As Defense Secretary
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures