This story was updated at 9:46 p.m. on Jan. 19
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Police say a two-vehicle rollover accident that happened around 5:30 p.m. Sunday near the Texas Motor Speedway killed one man.
Fort Worth officers say a red Dodge 4-door vehicle driven by three teens, ages 16 to 18, ran a stop sign and slammed into another vehicle.
The second vehicle hit, a white Honda, was carrying a mother, father and two children. The Honda rolled upside down into a ditch near Highway 114 and Championship Parkway.
According to Corporal Tracey Knight, the 47-year-old father was killed at the scene. He has been identified as David Martinez.
The 8 or 9-year-old daughter has been transported to Cook Children’s Medical Center by air-ambulance in critical condition.
The 14-year-old son and mother were transported by ground-ambulance. They are both in serious condition.
The three teens are reported to have non-life threatening injuries, and are being questioned.
The accident is now being investigated FWPD, and no arrests have been made at this time.
Knight said the case will be referred to the Denton County District Attorney’s Office for review.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas School Apologizes After 8th Graders Asked To List Positives Of Slavery
- Verne Troyer, Best Known As Mini-Me In ‘Austin Powers,’ Dies At 49
- Father Killed In Random Attack At Restaurant While Holding Daughter
- George H.W. Bush Wears Socks With Books To Honor Wife’s Commitment To Literacy
- Barbara Bush: ‘First Lady Of The Greatest Generation’
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures