Las Vegas Oddsmakers Looking At Evenly Matched Super Bowl
Sports Fan Insider
LAS VEGAS, Navada (AP) – Oddsmakers in this gambling city believe this Super Bowl is one of the most evenly matched ever.
Bettors seemed to favor the Denver Broncos early, though, and sports books on the Las Vegas Strip quickly adjusted their lines to make Denver anywhere from pick `em to a 2-point favorite to win the title game.
Some sports books made the Seattle Seahawks favorites while others put up lines favoring the Broncos in a rare split for a game that could be the most bet ever. Still others played it down the middle.
Bettors quickly lined up to back their opinions with money. At the South Point hotel’s sports book, a bettor put $25,000 on the Broncos within minutes of the end of Sunday’s second game, moving the line from pick’em to the Broncos favored by one.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- City Considers Charging To Surrender Pets At Shelter
- Ferguson, Missouri Cops Start Wearing Body Cameras
- Dozens Gather To Remember 6 Killed In Weekend Crash
- Buyers & Renters In The Hunt For North Texas Housing
- Rick Perry Joins List Of Political Social Media “Fails”
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures