Storage Building Collapses In Irving
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – A golf cart storage building at the Four Seasons Country Club in Irving collapsed on Monday morning. The incident was first reported just after 5:30 a.m. at the 7,000 square foot building in the 4900 block of MacArthur Boulevard, near Windsor View Drive.
Officials are not sure exactly when the structure came down. A security guard alerted authorities about the collapse.
There are no country club employees missing and no injuries were reported. Still, rescue crews from both the Irving Fire Department and Dallas Fire-Rescue are combing through the debris just to be certain that nobody was hurt or trapped under the wreckage.
The structure is a part of the Tournament Champion Course that has hosted the PGA’s Byron Nelson Classic for the past 30 years. The building holds between eight and 10 golf carts, and is one of several storage facilities on the country club’s property. It has a heavy tile roof and masonry walls, and was built in 1975.
A part of the building included offices with surveillance cameras. Officials hope that the footage from those cameras will provide some visual clues about what may have happened. A building inspector was also called to the scene to help determine why the structure fell.
Irving Fire Department Assistant Chief Rusty Wilson says the tile-roof structure apparently just gave way and left behind rubble. Investigators will seek a specific cause.
The resort continued normal operations Monday.
- Mesquite Special Olympian Wins Silver Medal At World Games
- Changes To Come For S. Garland High School’s Crest
- Family Of Philip Wood Waiting For Confirmation On Plane Debris
- Fort Worth Police Say Suspended Officer Had Sex While On Duty
- DISD Opens New Early Childhood Centers To Delight Of Parents
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures