Surveillance Video May Reveal Why Building Collapsed
IRVING (CBS 11 NEWS) – Irving fire officials are scouring through surveillance video trying to see if there’s anything that can tell them what could have caused the collapse of a landscaping shed at the Four Seasons Hotel Resort and Club. No one was hurt in the incident, but some 10 golf carts were destroyed.
The structure housed equipment for the golf course that has hosted the PGA’s Byron Nelson Golf Classic for 30 years. It collapsed sometime overnight; a security guard discovered it this morning and 911 was called.
“We got a call at 5:36 [a.m.] from a worker who said this building had collapsed,” assistant Irving Fire Chief Rusty Wilson told CBS 11 News.
The guard was unhurt and believed to be the only person in the vicinity at the time… but the Irving Fire Department Search and Rescue Unit had to comb the debris pile to make sure.
“They’ve already taken their cameras and done some surveillance under the rubble, we found nothing,” stated Wilson.
The next step would be propping up the structure so rescuers and investigators could physically look inside – the process is dangerous and time consuming.
Irving got help from their counterparts at Dallas Fire Rescue. “When we called in the search dog some of the Dallas Search and Rescue Task Force-2 responds with that,” explained Wilson.
The first dog on the scene, a black lab mix named Hayden, found nothing. A second dog, Duke, later confirmed Hayden’s “non-findings.”
A portion of the building remained standing, inside were several offices where fire officials were able to retrieve surveillance video. That video is being inspected now to see if a cause for the collapse can be determined. At the very least investigators hope the video confirms the exact time the collapse occurred.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Business Boom At Lake Arlington
- Dallas Mavericks, DeAndre Jordan Agree To 4-Year Deal
- Rangers’ Hamilton Has No Emotions Facing Angels For 1st Time
- Irving July 4th Celebration Includes — Fireworks, Debris & Sewage
- Fort Worth Zoo’s New Lion Cubs Meet Dad For First Time
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures