Move Over Cowboys, Dallas Opera Coming To AT&T Stadium
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) - The Dallas Opera is redefining 21st Century opera with “Free Simulcast.”
They’ve partnered with The Dallas Foundation and The Jones’ Family for The Dallas Opera’s 2014 AT&T Stadium Free Simulcast of THE BARBER OF SEVILLE.
Bringing the arts to the AT&T Stadium and Cowboys fans is a vision of Gene Jones, the wife of Dallas Cowboys Owner, President and General Manager Jerry Jones.
“I think what the opera does is just such a wonderful thing in our community, and we want to share that with our Cowboy fans and our family. It’s a great honor.”
The free simulcast is a way to get more people to experience opera in a wear-what-you-want environment.
Free general admission tickets can be obtained through the Dallas Opera website, effective immediately at www.dallasopera.org/simulcast.
The new season is just as exciting.
2014-2015 Dallas Opera Season
- THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO by W.A. Mozart
- SALOME by Richard Strauss
- LA WALLY (Act IV) By Alfredo Catalini (On a double Bill With a Dallas Opera World Premiere)
- EVEREST by Joby Talbot and Gene Scheer
- LA BOHEME by Giacomo Puccini
- IOLANTA by P.I. Tchaikovsky
For more information on the new season visit www.dallasopera.org.
- Cowboys Playoff-Bound And FishTip Says ‘At Home’ Is Good
- Cowboys Dismantle Colts 42-7 To Win NFC East
- Eight Horses Die In Stable Fire
- Romo Passes Aikman As Cowboys All-Time Leader In Passing Yards
- Authorities Place 4 Texas Disabled Men In Protective Care
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures