NEW YORK (AP) – A self-described crypto-anarchist known for designing a 3-D printed weapon has a book deal.
Gallery Books announced Wednesday that it is publishing Cody Wilson’s “Negative Liberty: A Gun Printer’s Guide to the Apocalypse.” In a statement issued by his publisher, Wilson said his book would be a manifesto for “millennials and radicals” fighting state oppression in the digital age. “Negative Liberty” is set to be released in fall 2015.
Gallery Books is an imprint of Simon & Schuster.
The 25-year-old Wilson was a University of Texas law student when he made headlines last year after posting blueprints online for using 3-D printers to make a pistol he says he designed. The State Department asked him to remove the blueprints, which were downloaded more than 100,000 times.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ahead Of Amazon Prime Day, Wal-Mart Tries To Move In
- Crews Continue Fighting Fire At Texas Train Crash, 3 Still Missing
- Two Semis Collide On I-30 Near Royse City, 3 Dead
- Off-Duty Fort Worth Police Officer Arrested After Hurst Crash
- Gary McCord On WGC-Bridgestone: ‘Golf Course Still Holds Its Own’
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures