NEW YORK (AP) – A self-described crypto-anarchist known for designing a 3-D printed weapon has a book deal.
Gallery Books announced Wednesday that it is publishing Cody Wilson’s “Negative Liberty: A Gun Printer’s Guide to the Apocalypse.” In a statement issued by his publisher, Wilson said his book would be a manifesto for “millennials and radicals” fighting state oppression in the digital age. “Negative Liberty” is set to be released in fall 2015.
Gallery Books is an imprint of Simon & Schuster.
The 25-year-old Wilson was a University of Texas law student when he made headlines last year after posting blueprints online for using 3-D printers to make a pistol he says he designed. The State Department asked him to remove the blueprints, which were downloaded more than 100,000 times.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- American Airlines Flight Makes Emergency Landing After Fire
- Planning For A Restaurant Row In McKinney
- Experts: Dry Shampoo Overuse May Cause Hair Loss
- Thousands Attend Billy Bob’s Concert Benefiting Dallas Police Charity
- Obama Implores Voters To Elect Hillary Clinton
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures