Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
Get Breaking News First
GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – Yesterday 7-11 clerk Yosef Tulu was shot and killed. Today police arrested the teenager who they believe is responsible for the crime caught on tape.
Police arrested 18-year-old Colten Jon Moore without incident.
Officials say a tip received had enough credible information that a search warrant was obtained for a house in the 2900 block of Creek Valley Drive. Moore was arrested at the house that sits, which sits less than one mile from the 7-11 store where Tulu was murdered.
It was in the early morning hours of January 21 when a person wearing a mask and dark-colored jacket walked in to the convenience store at Firewheel Parkway and Pleasant Valley.
WATCH THE SURVEILLANCE VIDEO
Video showed the person, believed now to be Moore, carrying a rifle by his side. The person immediately walked to the clerk and robbed the store. After shooting Tulu the killer walks out of the store carrying a bag. A deliveryman later discovered Tulu’s body.
Moore is being charged with Capital Murder. His bond has been set at $1,000,000.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Nowitzki, Parsons Lead Mavs Past Jazz In Home Opener
- Friday Night Lights Meant Halloween Came Early In One City
- Man Shot, Killed Outside Plano Subway
- Last Person Seen With Missing Woman Speaks With CBS 11
- North Texas Kissing Bugs Carry Potentially Killer Disease
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures