Laptops Missing From Prime Prep Academy
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – There are new problems for the Prime Prep Academy in Dallas, the charter school founded by former NFL player Deion Sanders. The school’s interim superintendent said that dozens of laptop computers have been stolen. There are new administrators for the school, and now a new investigation.
The Tarrant County District Attorney’s office is looking into whether or not the laptop computers were in fact stolen. Sources said that the number of computers gone missing may be much higher than anyone has reported.
It was initially said that 100 computers were gone. That number may actually be more than 300 and closer to 400 missing computers.
The school’s board of directors met on Tuesday night to discuss the investigation. Most of the members are recently appointed. It was a priority for them on Tuesday to examine former employees who might still have access to school bank accounts. “We hope and pray that we won’t find anything else, because we want to focus on education children,” said interim superintendent Ron Price.
Sources said that the new management team fired an employee last week. That person was still on the payroll, living in Arkansas with no known job.
The board will meet again later this week.
Prime Prep Academy gets more than $600,000 in tax money for its 300 students. But recent audits have revealed waste and possible fraud. Parents at the Tuesday meeting said that they are frustrated with the promises to clean up the school. “It’s an absolute travesty in terms of taking funds that should not be used to make purchase,” said parent Katrina Henderson.
Sanders co-founded Prime Prep Academy, but left his role as football coach late last year. There has been word that the former Dallas Cowboys player will come back to the school in an unknown role.
- Diahann Carroll Honored By TBAAL For Work
- TCU Security Guard Arrested For Improper Photography
- Over 300 Birds Seized From Alleged Cock Fighting Operation
- Johnson Co. Residents Clean Up After Storm Hits
- Amber Alert Canceled After 3 Children Found In Houston
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures