FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Behind closed doors in stalls around its campus, Texas Christian University has a tissue issue. The school only provides one ply toilet paper in its dorms, classroom and office buildings. At least for now.
“This is a big thing,” said student body president Cody Westphal. “You know, TCU has this reputation for the highest quality everything — whether it is education, technology, teachers, students — whatever. I think the next obvious step would be to take the step of quality toilet paper!”
Students in dorms craving the two-ply comfort of home were on their own.
“I know a lot of people have gone out of their way to go to the store to get two ply,” said TCU student Tora Coursey.
So, when the student government asked students “How can we help you?” the students overwhelmingly replied, “Two ply please!”
“One part of the issue is a simple comfort factor,” said Luke Baldwin. “You just can’t put a price tag on single ply versus double ply. You’ve got to think what’s more comfortable for the person using it.”
The student government passed a resolution asking administrators for a campus-wide change. Administrators said the change from one to two ply would only have a negligible impact on the budget. But Westphal said the school’s chancellor is on-board.
“I think he’s secretly got a supply of two-ply somewhere,” Westphal laughed. “So, he’s totally on-board!”
It seems it’s just a matter of staff doing some ‘paper’ work to figure out costs and the university will be able to put the T.P. issue behind them.
“It’s a winning day for us here!” Coursey exclaimed.
Many of the students even seem to feel flush with success.
“I’ve had people literally giving me a high five for toilet paper,” Wesphal chuckled.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Amazon Goes On Hiring Spree As Labor Market Tightens
- One-On-One With Lucky Whitehead: The ‘Last Straw’
- Michael Phelps Defends Shark Week ‘Race’ Against Great White
- Companies Not Shying Away From ‘Redskins’ Name
- Brock Lesnar Would Fight Jon Jones “Anytime, Anywhere”
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures