DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Two carjacking suspects are in custody following a short chase with Dallas Police early Thursday morning.
The chase began at approximately 12:38 a.m. when an officer attempted to stop a 2007 Ford Explorer on the Dallas North Tollway near Northwest Highway.
The driver elected not to stop, continuing north to Alpha Road. After exiting the tollway, the pursuit ended when the suspects vehicle struck a tree at Alpha Road and Greenview Drive in Farmers Branch.
The driver fled on foot following the crash, but was captured shortly after. Both the driver and passenger were transported to Parkland Hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
A subsequent check of the vehicle revealed it was stolen from Flower Mound.
The driver is facing charges of evading arrest, and additional charges may follow pending an investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Woman Found Dead At DART Bus Stop
- Former President Carter Writing Book About Religious Faith
- Apple To Build 2nd Campus, Hire 20,000 In $350B Pledge
- ‘Tourniquet Killer’ Set To Be Executed In Texas
- Take The Same Cognitive Exam As President Trump
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures