DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – One person is dead after a single-vehicle crash that occurred around 1 a.m. Sunday on eastbound Highway 175 at Lake June Road.
The accident occurred when the pick-up truck sped into a guardrail. A spokeswoman for the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office said the truck split upon impact, landing upright.
The driver was pronounced dead on scene and was traveling alone. A name has yet to be released by the Dallas County Medical Examiner.
It is not known if alcohol and drugs were a factor, but the truck is believed to have been traveling at a high rate of speed.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Friends, Family Grieve Loss Of Arlington High School Baseball Player
- Large Hail Batters North Texas During Severe Storms
- Teens Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings Sparks Backlash
- 5 Things: Sweet 16 And Elite 8 Weekend
- Maye’s Last Second Shot Sends UNC To Final Four With 75-73 Win Over Kentucky
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures