Beltre Predicts Fielder Will Win AL MVP In 2014
ARLINGTON (CBS SPORTS) – How will the newly acquired Prince Fielder fare in his first season with the Texas Rangers? To hear his new teammate Adrian Beltre tell it, he will do just fine.
“He’s going to get the MVP. It’s his time to win it. My job is to protect him so that he gets there,” Beltre told the Dallas Morning News about Fielder’s 2014 outlook.
That’s a pretty specific declaration on Beltre’s part. To be sure, Fielder is perhaps reinvigorated by the trade, has reportedly dropped a good bit of weight this winter and will be batting regularly in the three hole. All of that plus the skills already in place could yield a big year for the 29-year-old slugger.
On the other hand, Fielder is coming off perhaps the least productive season of his career: 25 homers (a full-season career low), 120 OPS+ and some troubling trends in terms of plate discipline and raw power indicators.
- Big Names, Big Teams In Pursuit As NBA Free Agency Opens
- US Advances To World Cup Final With 2-0 Win Over Germany
- Dallas Police Seek Triple Shooting Suspect
- Moreland Hits 2 HRs To Lead Rangers Past Orioles 8-6
- Jose Aldo Pulls Out Of UFC 189 With Rib Injury
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures