Cleburne Officials Warn Businesses Against Counterfeit Bills
CLEBURNE (CBSDFW.COM) – Authorities in Cleburne are warning businesses to be on the lookout for counterfeit bills circulating in the area.
Police have received several reports of counterfeit $5 and $10 bills being used at local businesses, each with the same serial numbers.
The $10 bills all have the serial numbers JH41882074A or JH41882074. The $5 bills bear serial number IC04624670B or IK77310914B.
While the reports have been limited to Cleburne so far, Kelly Summey with Cleburne PD warns that the bills could easily spread.
“There is a chance that somebody was given this back as change without it being caught,” said Summey. “If they travel outside of the city of Cleburne, it can certainly be used somewhere else.”
Counterfeit $20 bills have also been reported bearing serial number JL11820410.
According to officials, the bills look real at first glance, but actually feel and look different upon inspection, having been printed on stock paper.
The bills are also without embedded security strips and markings and can be identified by the serial number or using a security pen.
“Go ahead and do security checks on these bills just like you would do with a larger bill,” said Summey. “Or just hold it up to the light.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Denton Barbers Help Homeless Resident Get New Look
- Cowboys Fans Opt For A Tailgating Thanksgiving
- Cowboys and FishTips Destroyed by Philly
- Fort Worth Considering Demolishing 5 Public Pools
- Black Friday Shoppers Start Earlier Than Ever
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures