Drivers Differ On Proposed NASCAR Format Changes
Sports Fan Insider
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Driver Carl Edwards says if NASCAR really wants to create more competition on the track and interest in the sport it needs to focus on changing the setup of the cars, not the championship format.
Edwards says drivers are already doing everything they can to win races. He says the proposed changes set forth by NASCAR chairman Brian France two weeks ago won’t change that.
Edwards says taking away the down force on cars and making the tires softer would go a long way toward increasing competitive racing at the front of the pack.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Houston Declines To Match Mavs’ Offer Sheet On Parsons
- Keselowski Dominates In New Hampshire Victory
- Report: Mavs Agree With Veteran F Richard Jefferson
- Four-Time Deportee Arrested For Allegedly Molesting Young Girl In Texas
- Phelps Edges Lochte In 100 Backstroke
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures