Woman Arrested For Plano Child’s Death
Get Breaking News First
PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) - Police have made an arrest in the death of Plano 2-year-old Grace Ford. The father’s girlfriend is now in custody and charged with capital murder. Authorities said that there were inconsistencies in her statement. Ford would have turned 3 years old next month.
But law enforcement officials found the little girl inside of her father’s apartment on January 9. She had duct tape over her mouth and was not breathing. The father’s girlfriend, 25-year-old Melinda Muniz, was also inside of the apartment. Police found her on the floor, also with duct tape on her mouth and her pants pulled down.
Muniz told police that someone had forced their way into the apartment and attacked her and the child. But authorities stated that the story did not add up with the scene.
Police learned that the girl’s father told Muniz earlier that morning that they were going to break up, and that she needed to move out of his apartment. There was not much evidence in the case until the father told them about a Plano store where Muniz often shops. So, they went to the store and asked if anyone had recently purchased duct tape and zip ties.
Employees at the store found a receipt for those items, and video showed Muniz at the store with the little girl purchasing the tape, zip ties, cotton balls and scissors. That evidence led to Muniz’s arrest and a capital murder charge. Muniz is now in the Collin County Jail on a $1 million bond.
- State Fair Of Texas Pays ‘Above Average’ Legal Bills
- Dallas Cowboys’ DeMarco Murray Joins Elite Company to Start 2014 NFL Season
- Details On Ebola Patient’s Arrival In Texas & Current Condition
- Ebola Fight – CDC Members Begin Arriving In North Texas
- Community Shocked By Ebola Case; Not Panicked
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures