Frisco Mother Charged With Murder Of 10 Year-Old Son
FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) - A Frisco mother has been charged with murdering her 10-year-old son, according to police.
Wednesday evening, officers were called to a home located in the 15400 block of Mountain View Lane, where Palleevi Dhawan, 38, lived with her husband, Sameed and son, Arnav. Mr. Dhawan had just returned from a business trip and called police concerned about the wherabouts of his son. He told police he had been notified through email that Arnav had not attended school for several days. Mr. Dhawan did not know the location of his wife or his son when he called police.
While police were at the home, Mrs. Dhawan returned. After questioning, she told police her son was in a locked bathroom. Police found the 10 year old’s body lying in the bathtub covered with a cloth and surrounded by plastic bags. She nodded yes when police asked if she had killed her son.
Police say Mrs. Dhawan has not given any indication as to why she would want to harm her son. An autopsy was performed Thursday morning, but no cause of death has been determined.
The family’s attorney, David Finn, says both parents are distraught over the situation.
“Emotional…understandably very emotional. They were inseparable is what I’m hearing from family members and friends and neighbors so she is very upset, but she was able to communicate with me,” said Finn.
Mrs. Dhawan remains in Frisco police custody. She will be arraigned by a judge and then sent to Collin County jail.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- $3 Million Grand Prairie Park & Ride Lot Sits Empty
- New Bus Services From Dallas To Houston Promises To ‘Luxurious’
- Moustakas Hits Grand Slam In Royals’ Victory Over Rangers
- Mother: Salesperson Shamed Me For Allowing Daughter To Wear Boy Clothes
- Newly Released Video Shows Fort Worth Officer Involved Shooting
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures