Arrest Made In Chicago For McKinney Super 8 Shooting
Get Breaking News First
MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) - An arrest has been made in the case of a Jan. 12 shooting at a Super 8 Motel in the 900 block of the N. Central Expressway in McKinney.
On Friday, Jaqwa Cheguevera Ross, 18, was arrested in Chicago for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Police say Ross had fled the state after the shooting.
Ross is believed to have shot 18-year-old Shelton Thacker twice in the back near the motel’s pool.
Thacker was transported by air-ambulance to Baylor Dallas in critical condition.
The arrest was a joint operation conducted by the U.S. Marshal Service, the Chicago Police Department, McKinney police and the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Ross is currently being held on bond pending extradition, according to McKinney police.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Gov. Rick Perry Continues Travel Schedule Despite Texas Case
- A Miraculous Recovery, Fort Worth Doctor Survives Ebola
- The Ice Bucket Stops With Obama
- Ford Recalling More Than 160,000 Vehicles
- Texas Woman Seeks $123M For False Facebook Profile
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures