Arrest Made In Chicago For McKinney Super 8 Shooting
MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) - An arrest has been made in the case of a Jan. 12 shooting at a Super 8 Motel in the 900 block of the N. Central Expressway in McKinney.
On Friday, Jaqwa Cheguevera Ross, 18, was arrested in Chicago for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Police say Ross had fled the state after the shooting.
Ross is believed to have shot 18-year-old Shelton Thacker twice in the back near the motel’s pool.
Thacker was transported by air-ambulance to Baylor Dallas in critical condition.
The arrest was a joint operation conducted by the U.S. Marshal Service, the Chicago Police Department, McKinney police and the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Ross is currently being held on bond pending extradition, according to McKinney police.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mavs Look For Repeat Performance In San Antonio
- State Jobless Rate Drops For 6th Straight Month
- BMW Recalls Nearly 49K Motorcycles With Rear-Wheel Problem
- Senate’s Harry Reid Announces He Won’t Seek Re-Election
- GameStop Reports Q4 Drop In Sales
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures