Winter Weather Forcing Flight Cancellations
Dallas/Fort Worth (CBSDFW.COM) – The winter weather continues to have an impact on flight operations at DFW Airport. According to DFW’s David Magana, about 280 departures have been cancelled so far. That amounts to about 30% of the schedule. An equal number of arrivals have been cancelled as well.
The airport reports that all runways remain open as of Sunday afternoon and planes are being de-iced prior to departure.
Additionally, the airport recommends that people with travel plans check their flight status prior to heading to the Airport. Flight information is available online at www.dfwairport.com. Passengers are also advised to contact their airline directly.
Rain and freezing rain are expected. See the latest weather information here.
Magana says airport personnel are pre-treating the airfield and roads in preparation for icing conditions. Pre-treating of the airfield pavement began at 4:15 AM with liquid de-icing material.
Motorists driving to the Airport are advised to use caution, as overpasses and elevated surfaces could be slick.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- $3 Million Grand Prairie Park & Ride Lot Sits Empty
- New Bus Services From Dallas To Houston Promises To ‘Luxurious’
- Moustakas Hits Grand Slam In Royals’ Victory Over Rangers
- Mother: Salesperson Shamed Me For Allowing Daughter To Wear Boy Clothes
- Newly Released Video Shows Fort Worth Officer Involved Shooting
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures