Dallas Teen Reportedly Kidnaps, Holds Two Women At Gunpoint
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Dallas police say a teen was arrested after two women were kidnapped and held at gunpoint around 2 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of South Hampton Road in Dallas.
The incident began when 18-year-old suspect Israel Tovar approached a parked car with two women inside at Kiest Park.
Tovar reportedly held the women at gunpoint and order the driver to go to several locations to get cash for him.
Eventually, one of the women was able to notify Garland police of the kidnapping. However, Tovar fled the scene before officers arrived.
After law enforcement put out a message to surrounding departments about the suspect, DART police spotted and picked the teen up.
Tovar is currently at Lew Sterrett Jail, charged with 2 counts of aggravated kidnapping.
The incident remains under investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Perry Open To Sending US Troops To Iraq
- Keselowski Gets 1st NASCAR Truck Series Win
- Ron Washington To Manage MLB All-Stars In Japan
- Garrett: LB Holloman’s Career Likely Over Due To Neck Injury
- Former Teacher Tammy Lowe Found Guilty Of Manslaughter
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures