MIAMI (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A person familiar with the situation says former Rangers infielder-outfielder Jeff Baker has agreed to a $3.7 million, two-year contract with the Miami Marlins.
The person confirmed an agreement to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Tuesday because the Marlins hadn’t announced a deal. The deal will also reportedly include $500,000 in available bonuses each season.
Baker batted .279 with 11 home runs and 21 RBIs in 74 games for Texas last season. The Marlins will be the sixth team for the nine-year veteran, who is a .267 career hitter.
Baker has played first, second and third base, as well and left and right field.
Baker started the 2013 season on a hot streak, hitting .373 through 28 games with 5 homeruns.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Some Constituents Stand Behind John Wiley Price As His Trial Gets Underway
- Fort Worth Looking To Land 4-Star Hotel Next To Arts District
- Judge Blocks Texas Cutting Medicaid To Planned Parenthood
- Yahoo Salvages Verizon Deal With $350 Million Discount
- Missouri Bill Would Limit Transgender School Bathroom Access
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures