Report: Texans Leaning Towards Manziel, Bortles
CBS SPORTS.COM – The Houston Texans, who hold the first overall pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, are in the market for a franchise quarterback.
Whether they’ll take one No. 1 remains to be seen, but Sports on Earth‘s Russ Lande writes that, “According to trusted sources, the Texans are initially leaning towards taking either Blake Bortles or Johnny Manziel with the top pick. Although Manziel would obviously be the choice of owner Bob McNair, [new coach Bill] O’Brien is not sold that Manziel possesses the work ethic and intangibles necessary to be the face of a franchise.”
McNair has said previously that the Texans could look to move out of the top pick.
“Maybe we’ll trade down and still get a quarterback that can do the job and get an outstanding defensive player,” he said in early January. “It’s an exciting time. Everything’s a moving target. Lot of different pieces.”
- FW Officer Hailed As Hero After Rescuing Drowning Man
- Dallas Police On Scene Of Deadly Officer Involved Shooting
- General Mills Plans Move To Cage-Free Eggs
- New Sarah Palin Book Coming In November
- Villanueva Announces He’s Returning To The Mavs
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures