What UIL Should Have Done
FORT WORTH (CBS 11) — In 5 minutes time this morning, I realigned the DFW Class 6A districts in such a way that balances the schools geographically and competitively (something the UIL rarely seems to take into account).
The main problem with the new UIL alignment is that it placed mega monsters Allen, Plano, Plano East, and Plano West in Region I. This move substantially weakens Region II from a competitive standpoint and makes Region 1 into a Super Region where we could easily have the top two football teams in the state meeting in the state quarterfinals the next two years.
By pairing Allen, McKinney Boyd, and the Plano schools with the four Lewisville ISD schools, we now have a nine team District 6-6A, which has six schools that made the football playoffs last year.
By moving those Collin County schools west to Region I and shifting the Irving schools to Region II for the first time ever, it also made it necessary to place Coppell, Southlake Carroll, Colleyville Heritage, Euless Trinity and Hurst Bell into the same district. That’s five perennial playoff schools in the same district.
So, in five minutes time this morning, over a cup of coffee and the morning paper, the problem is fixed:
(Coppell and Carroll replace Denton Guyer and Ryan)
Keller Timber Creek
Keller Fossil Ridge
Trophy Club Byron Nelson
(Guyer, Ryan, and Turner replace Allen, Plano schools)
(Irving schools replace Coppell, Carroll)
South Grand Prairie
(Highland Park, Mesquite schools replace Turner, Irving schools)
Dallas W. T. White
(Allen, Plano schools replace Mesquite schools)
Garland Lakeview Centennial
Garland Naaman Forest
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Couple Thanks CBS11 Viewers For Helping Pay For Headstones
- Property Values Way Up In North Texas
- Sudden Controversy Over Names Of Two Dallas Schools
- Humane Society Over Capacity With Animals Displaced By Storms
- Abbott Signs Pre-K Boost, But Work Remains For Republicans
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures